Serving Southern Minnesota Since 1972

Group photo of the Klampe Law Firm team

Rochester, MN Auto Insurance Claims FAQ

Any car accident has the potential to create numerous difficulties. Whether you were in a minor collision involving only property damage, or you or someone you love was seriously injured, you face an uncertain time. At Klampe Law Firm LLC, we regularly talk to people who have been injured in accidents caused by someone else’s negligence.

We offer a free, confidential consultation to discuss your accident and injuries in detail. It will never cost you anything to talk to our personal injury lawyer, as we represent clients on a contingency fee basis in all injury claims. There is no attorney fee until you win your case. Call 507-405-2188 today to speak directly to a Rochester, MN car insurance attorney.

While everyone’s case is different, people who have been injured in accidents share many of the same concerns. The questions below are some of the most commonly asked questions we hear.

Who pays my medical bills when I have been injured in an Rochester, MN car accident?

Generally, your own automobile insurance. Minnesota is a no-fault auto insurance state. Under Minnesota’s auto insurance law, your own insurance must pay for any medical care you receive because of your accident up to a certain amount. If you or a family member in the household does not have a car, another insurer will pay these bills, either the insurer of a relative in your household or of a car involved in the collision.


If I am in an accident, will my insurance rates go up?

Your insurance rates will not go up unless the accident was your fault. Each insurance policy sets the rules, but generally an accident is not considered your fault for rate purposes unless it is deemed at least 20 percent your fault.


Who pays for my vehicle damage after an accident?

The insurance company for the driver who caused the accident is responsible for all of the damage to your vehicle, including any deductible. If you have collision coverage on your own insurance, you can sometimes collect from your own insurer more quickly, minus your deductible, and then your own insurance company will help you seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver’s insurance.


Can I choose which doctor I want to go to for my injuries?

Yes. You have the right to receive treatment from any doctor, chiropractor or other health care professional of your choice and to change doctors if you choose. The no-fault insurer must pay these bills in full, without any co-pays from you.


What if I am unable to work due to my injuries from the accident?

Again, your own auto insurance will pay for your wage loss up to a limit. Under the Minnesota no-fault law, your own insurance company will provide limited weekly payments for lost wages. We will negotiate the claims process for you and assist in securing other sources of wage loss benefits.


Am I entitled to any other benefits while I am hurt?

An experienced personal injury lawyer will explain all benefits you are entitled to under your insurance company policy.


Contact Klampe Law Firm LLC

Call our law firm at 507-405-2188 or complete our online contact form to schedule your free consultation with personal injury lawyer, André Novack. Home, hospital and evening appointments are available. We are based in Rochester. We represent clients across Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.