Carole A. Pasternak
Legal Assistant – Linda Ovrebo-Leth
Carole is a partner at Klampe Law Firm and has been with the firm since 1999. Her practice focus is family law, a dynamic field involving all aspects of divorce, custody, child support, parenting time, step parent adoption, and domestic abuse. She is Rule 114 neutral providing family mediation services.
Family immigration is also part of her practice. Reuniting clients with fiancés, spouses, parents and children from across the globe is a highly rewarding aspect of such work.
While attending law school, Carole was Associate Editor of the Seton Hall University School of Law Constitutional Law Journal and authored "Victims Once Again: The New Jersey Supreme Court's Unwillingness to Provide all Marital Tort Victims the Right to a Jury Trial". She was selected to be a research assistant to Professor Jack M. Sabatino, Deputy Presiding Judge for Administration, New Jersey Superior Court Appellate Division.
During law school, Carole worked with the State Division of Mental Health and Guardianship Advocacy involving the rights of children in juvenile psychiatric civil commitments. She interned for The Honorable Donald W. de Cordova as an assistant law clerk and clerked for Honorable Herbert S. Glickman; both positions focused exclusively on family law matters. Carole was active in the Center for Social Justice at Seton Hall and represented underprivileged clients in family law matters as a student attorney through a mentorship program. She also served as a mediator in the special civil part of the district court handling landlord/tenant issues and other conciliation court matters.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Family Immigration
- Mediation - Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
- Minnesota, 1999
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Juris Doctor
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Major: Psychology
- Family Services Rochester, Custody Dissolution and Planning Classes presenter - annual
- (S)he Loves me, (s)he loves me not: Navigating the Challenges of Domestic Violence and Parenting Time – Panel Moderator – September 2018
- One Profession – Rochester – Presenter for Pro Bono Discussion – April 2019
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Assistance of Olmsted County, Volunteer Attorney Program
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Volunteer Attorney Program
- Rochester Catholic Parishes – Volunteer, Sunday Lunch Program
- Good News Children’s Center – Past Board Member & Past President
- Project Legacy, Board Member, President, Present
- North Star Lawyer, Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Third District Bar Association, Former President Third District Bar
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Past President of the Olmsted County Family Bar Section
- Legal Assistance of Olmsted County, Board Member, Vice President, President