Personal Care From Lawyers Who Care

Helping You Obtain Permanent Resident Status

If you or a loved one have lawfully entered the United States, you may be eligible to adjust your status and receive a “green card” or a designation of lawful permanent resident. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires substantial documentation before approving adjustment of status. Many people attempt to do this without a lawyer. This can have devastating consequences, as an incorrect or incomplete application can lead to its denial.

With an experienced lawyer helping you, you can be confident that you will have every opportunity to succeed. While based in Rochester, we at Klampe Law Firm represent clients throughout Minnesota in all types of family immigration matters. Immigration is one of our firm’s core practice areas, and we are fully invested in our clients’ success.

Taking You Step by Step Through the Adjustment of Status Application Process

Applying for adjustment of status generally involves completing an application and an immigration petition. If you are a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you will have to file a Petition for Alien Relative, or Form I-130. This form may be completed at the same time as the application for permanent residence, or Form I-485.

The application can be very burdensome to complete, particularly without a lawyer’s assistance. Our immigration attorney, Carole Pasternak, will help you prepare an accurate and complete application without any undue delay.

This process will also involve answering questions at an interview with a USCIS representative officer. If you are required to take this step, we will prepare you for the interview so you are not surprised.

If you are not present in the United States and a fiancée or relative has applied for you to come to this country, you will need to utilize consular processing in the country in which you currently reside. We have extensive experience working with the USCIS and foreign consular posts. Whatever option you pursue, you can count on us to present the strongest possible case to the USCIS.

Contact Klampe Law Firm

In most situations, we charge flat fees for our immigration work and accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. To schedule a consultation with immigration lawyer Carole Pasternak, call 507-216-8722 or complete our online contact form. Your consultation fee of $250 will be applied to your attorney fees when you hire us to represent you.

Carole Col Side